Dataw Island Raises Thousands to Help End Hunger
Click to watch a video of the fun!
Event organizers for the Hunger Games would like to say: "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
Donna Klein, one of the event organizers says, "Again you have surpassed expectations. I am so proud to be a part of this generous community!"
The following are the results from Hunger Games activities last Sunday:
- 3168 lbs. of canned goods were collected. At market value of $0.68/item, we raised $2,819 worth of food
- Live Auction and Silent Auction contributed approximately $16,000
- Build A Truck campaign contributed $7,000
- Raffle and Sponsorships contributed $3,500
- Ticket sales contributed $9,000
Participants and paid spectators helped raise in excess of $38,000 dollars for Second Helpings.
Klein added, "Please help us in thanking the fantastic steering committee that made this event such a success. They collectively donated thousands of hours to this endeavor. And they are what makes Dataw a community that fills us all with such pride!"
Hunger Games Steering Committee: